What is SEXUAL OFFENSES AWARENESS PROGRAM (SOAP)
Sexual Offences Awareness Program acronym-ed as SOAP is a comprehensive 60minutes session conducted in school and college for girls and women about their rights, sexual abuse and harassment and laws related to it.
39 crimes against women are reported every hour but only 19% of these cases are convicted in the court. Moreover, 90% crimes against women are unreported. Reasons are many like
- Societal Stigma and Pressure
- Attitude of the police station and personnel
- Long legal proceeding
- Lack of knowledge of reporting the crime
Most girls and women back away when it comes to report the crime firstly because of lack of awareness about “What are Sexual Offences?” and “How to report the crime?”
A SOAP Session includes
A SOAP session is conducted for 8th Standard to 12th Standard school girls.
- What are sexual offences?
- Sexual Harassment
- Cyber Crimes
- Acid Attack
- Human Trafficking
- Domestic Violence
- Witch Hunting
- How to report these crimes?
- Rights of a women
- Sexual offences Laws
- Precautionary measures
- Self Defense Techniques
- Raising their voice
- Providing assistance
Besides being an informative session, we also include topic related to Sex Education, Menstrual Health and Hygiene, Grooming, Health care etc.
- Touch - Good touch Bad Touch
- Staying Away - not falling prey to uncles or boys offering chocolates,
- Share - motivating and encouraging them to share any encounter like these with their parents or elder sibling
- Not your Fault - explaining them it is not their fault and so forth.
SOAP has reached 20,000 girls, 100 schools and 45-50 colleges in Udaipur District.
Subscribe us to being connect.